FNH-RI drives transdisciplinary research by connecting research-, industry- and citizen-generated data and facilities on food and environment, initiating the required food systems transformation in Europe. FNH-RI:
- Enables transdisciplinary research and food innovation by overcoming the lack of data validation and interoperability in food consumer science and nutrition.
- Generates standards and ontologies to integrate biological and social science food and nutrition data.
- Supports and trains researchers to utilize and design emerging and novel digital technologies and data science tools.
- Enables the development of a pan-European Citizens Data Platform for research on eating habits, determinants and impacts.
- Engages with stakeholder groups and policy-makers to feed knowledge to the food supply chain and preventative health domains, identifying critical and effective intervention points.
- Steers the re-design of healthier and more sustainable food systems, supported by a new generation of researchers.